An Easter Prayer
Easter is when we remember the most glorious thing of all
That Jesus rose from the dead and showed the world that anyone who believes in you has everlasting life.
Thank you, God, for sending us your Son and showing us such love.
Vanilla Easter Biscuits
4 oz / 100 g softened butter
2 oz / 50 g caster sugar
5 oz / 150 g self-raising flour (sieved)
125ml ( pint) milk
A few drops vanilla essence
makes about 24
What to do:
- Cream the butter and sugar together very well; then work in the flour and vanilla essence until it forms a ball
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface to about in / 5 mm. Cut out the biscuits with Easter shape cutters, a cross, an egg, a rabbit, a flower.
- Put the rounds of dough onto a baking tray and cook in a moderate oven (350oF / 180oC / Gas 4) for about 10 minutes, until the biscuits are pale golden and just firm to the touch.
- Take them out of the oven, cool for a couple of minutes on the baking tray, then with a palette knife carefully lift them onto a wire cooling rack.
- When cold you can ice or decorate the biscuits.
This recipe still works well if you increase the quantities.
The biscuits freeze well.
Junior Outlook is compiled by Katherine Pickthorn